Table of Contents
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Say hello to hydrated, refreshed skin with 'The Ordinary' Hyaluronic Acid. This lightweight, fast-absorbing moisturizer is packed with the power to improve your skin's hydration, elasticity and reduce fine lines. I've personally tried it and can attest to its effectiveness. Get ready for a glowing complexion with this must-have product.
Product SKU: 1000
Product Brand: The Ordinary
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 8.90
Product In-Stock: InStock
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Review: Ready to take your skincare game to the next level? Then listen up, because I’ve got the secret to flawless skin.
Introducing ‘The Ordinary’ Hyaluronic Acid. This lightweight, fast-absorbing moisturizer is packed with the power to hydrate and refresh your skin. I’ve tried it for 3 months straight and will reveal my opinion in this review.
So, grab a cup of coffee and get ready to learn everything you need to know about this must-have product in this review.
My Personal The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Review
So far I’ve used it for 3 months straight now and I’ve gotta say, it’s one of the best serums I’ve ever put on my face.
It’s lightweight, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed. And, let’s be real, who doesn’t want hydrated and refreshed skin, right? 😉
When I use it, my skin just glows! It’s hydrated, plump, and just generally looks and feels amazing. And I also notice that my skin is becoming more durable and resistant, simply because it is more hydrated.
The best part? It’s not just a temporary fix. This product really helps improve the overall look and feel of your skin over time. So, not only will you look good at the moment, but you’ll keep looking good for the long haul.
Now, I know some people might be skeptical about using HA because they think it’s just going to sit on top of their skin and not do anything. But, that’s just not the case – at least not for me. This stuff works! It’s a humectant, meaning it attracts and retains moisture, so your skin stays hydrated all day long.
Overall, I’d highly recommend giving this product a try if you’re looking for a simple, yet effective, skincare routine. Your skin will thank you, I promise!
What is The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid?
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 is a water-based serum that combines low-, medium-, and high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid molecules with a next-generation HA crosspolymer to support skin hydration across multiple layers.
It is intended to replenish skin moisture, resulting in a smooth, supple, and plumped-up appearance. Before incorporating this product into your skincare routine, The Ordinary recommends performing a patch test.
Apply a few drops of the serum to your face in the morning and/or evening before applying creams and you’re ready to go (to bed) :).
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a superstar ingredient in the skincare world. It’s a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and retain water in the skin. It’s known for its ability to hold onto large amounts of moisture, which helps to keep the skin plump and hydrated.
In skincare products, it’s used as a humectant, meaning that it attracts and retains water in the skin to improve hydration and overall skin health. This can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, improve skin texture, and increase skin elasticity.
So, if you’re looking for a simple and effective way to hydrate and plump up your skin, look no further than Hyaluronic Acid!
How to use “The Ordinary” Hyaluronic Acid?
Using “The Ordinary” Hyaluronic Acid is super simple. Just apply a few drops to your face after cleansing and toning, and massage it in until it’s fully absorbed. I recommend using it in the morning and at night for the best results.
One thing to keep in mind is that less is more here. A little goes a long way, so you don’t need to go overboard with the amount you use. And, since it’s lightweight, you can use it under your moisturizer and makeup without any problems.
- Start with Clean Skin: Begin with a clean canvas. Gently cleanse your face to remove any dirt, makeup, or impurities.
- Apply The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid: After cleansing, apply a few drops of the serum to your damp skin. Damp skin helps the serum penetrate effectively.
- Pat, Don’t Rub: Avoid vigorous rubbing. Instead, gently pat the serum onto your face and neck until fully absorbed.
- Follow with a Moisturizer: Hyaluronic acid is known for its hydrating properties. Seal in the moisture with your favorite moisturizer to maximize its benefits.
- Consider Layering: If you use other serums or treatments, apply them before The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid. Start with the thinnest consistency and work your way up.
- Sun Protection: During the day, never skip sunscreen. Hyaluronic acid can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so protect it with SPF.
So, there you have it, using “The Ordinary” Hyaluronic Acid is easy peasy! Give it a try, and get ready to be amazed at the hydrated and refreshed skin you’ll be rockin’ in no time!
Results You Can Expect
Listen up, I’m about to give you the straight-up truth about the results you can expect from using the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5. First of all, let me tell you that this stuff is no joke, it’s seriously effective. You’ll start to see results in no time.
Your skin will be hydrated like never before, I’m talking about a serious boost of moisture. You’ll notice a difference in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, they’ll look smoother and less noticeable. Your skin will look plump and youthful, and who doesn’t want that?
Now, here’s the thing. Don’t expect to see results overnight, skincare takes time and consistency. But, I can promise you that if you stick with it, you’ll be thanking yourself for investing time and money in it. It’s worth every penny, trust me!
Potential Side Effects
I have never had any problems with the ordinary hyaluronic acid, but there are still potential side effects that you should be aware of:
- Skin Irritation: For some, initial use may cause mild skin irritation, like redness or itching. This typically subsides as your skin adjusts.
- Dryness: In rare cases, you may experience increased dryness or flakiness, particularly if you use the serum excessively.
- Breakouts: While hyaluronic acid is generally suitable for most skin types, it can cause breakouts or worsen acne in a small percentage of individuals.
- Photosensitivity: As with many skincare products, The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Sunscreen is a must.
- Allergic Reactions: Though uncommon, some users may experience allergic reactions like hives or skin rashes. Always do a patch test before the full application.
Pro Tip: To minimize side effects, start with a patch test and gradually incorporate The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid into your skincare routine. Avoid overuse and always follow up with a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Mistakes to Avoid
To avoid side effects, it is important to ensure proper use. Here are the most common mistakes you should avoid:
- Overuse: Using too much of The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid can lead to excessive dryness or irritation. Stick to the recommended amount.
- Skipping Patch Testing: Neglecting a patch test is a gamble. Always test a small area before applying the serum to your entire face to check for sensitivity or allergies.
- Applying to Dry Skin: Hyaluronic acid is most effective on damp skin. Apply it immediately after cleansing while your face is still slightly moist.
- Rubbing Vigorously: Be gentle when applying the serum. Avoid harsh rubbing; instead, pat it on your skin for better absorption.
- Using on Unmoisturized Skin: Don’t skip moisturizer after applying hyaluronic acid. It helps lock in the moisture, preventing any potential dryness.
Pro Tip: To maximize the benefits of The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid, incorporate it into your routine gradually. Start with a few times a week and gradually increase the frequency. Also, ensure your skincare products are compatible with hyaluronic acid to avoid any adverse reactions.
What is the Ordinary hyaluronic acid good for?
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 is a water-based formula that combines low-, medium-, and high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid molecules to help hydrate multiple skin layers. It also reduces the visibility of wrinkles and textural irregularities. Hyaluronic Acid is a sugar molecule that helps plump the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, as well as providing improved barrier support.
Can you use the ordinary hyaluronic acid everyday?
Yes, you can use Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 on a daily basis. It is both safe and beneficial for maintaining skin hydration, and it is advised to use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
What are the negatives of hyaluronic acid?
Pain, redness, itching, and other adverse reactions caused by hyaluronic acid should subside within a week. However, research indicates that hyaluronic acid is generally safe to use, with rare reactions or adverse effects.
How many times a week should I use the ordinary hyaluronic acid?
Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 can be used as frequently as desired, but I’d recommend you use it twice a day for the best results. The serum provides both short and long-term hydration and helps to strengthen the skin barrier.
Should I use moisturizer after hyaluronic acid?
Yes, a moisturizer is recommended after applying hyaluronic acid. If the air around you is dry, this helps seal hydration into the skin and allows hyaluronic acid to absorb properly. This should ideally be done twice a day, always after cleansing. Apply a moisturizer and eye cream after applying the hyaluronic acid serum.
Can I use hyaluronic acid every night?
Yes, hyaluronic acid can be used every day, both morning and night. It is critical to apply it to damp skin and to follow product instructions. It should also be used in conjunction with a moisturizer and with other skincare ingredients such as retinol at night or vitamin C during the day. When used on a daily basis, hyaluronic acid is both safe and beneficial for maintaining skin hydration.
What’s better retinol or hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is best for moisturizing dry skin, whereas retinol promotes better skin by increasing collagen production. Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin, whereas retinol stimulates the production of new skin cells. As a result, for optimal skincare results, it may be beneficial to use both hyaluronic acid and retinol.
Can I use the ordinary hyaluronic acid under eyes?
Yes, using hyaluronic acid around the eyes is safe. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum is safe to use every day, morning and night, and it may help reduce dark circles under the eyes.
If you liked this blog article about The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Review, don’t forget to leave us a comment down below to tell us about your experience with the brand and hyaluronic acid in general.