Unlock the secret to lasting, radiant skin! In the world of beauty, dermaplaning shines like a star, promising to whisk away dead skin cells and peach fuzz, unveiling a breathtaking canvas. But wait, there’s a twist to this tale!
Your skin’s journey doesn’t end with the treatment; it’s just the beginning. The question is, will you seize the opportunity to preserve and magnify that incredible glow? Enter the realm of dermaplaning aftercare—a transformative journey that ensures your skin remains an epitome of perfection.
As we delve into this treasure trove of knowledge, prepare to discover the art of maintaining your skin’s incredible radiance. Brace yourself, for you are about to unlock the ultimate secret to flawless, long-lasting beauty!
Table of Contents
In this article, I will be discussing dermaplaning aftercare and the dos and don’ts to keep in mind after your treatment. After dermaplaning, your skin will be sensitive and easily damaged. Your protective barrier was just removed, so you need to help your skin restore it as well as help protect the newly exposed skin layer in the meantime. By following the proper aftercare instructions, you can help your skin heal faster and achieve the best possible results.
So, whether you’re new to dermaplaning or you’re a seasoned pro, it’s important to understand the aftercare instructions to maintain healthy, glowing skin. Let’s dive in and take a closer look at the do’s and don’ts of dermaplaning aftercare.
If you’re looking for a way to get smoother, brighter, and more youthful-looking skin, dermaplaning might be just the thing for you. Dermaplaning is a non-invasive, exfoliating treatment that involves using a surgical scalpel to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz from the face. It’s a great way to get rid of unwanted hair and improve the texture and tone of your skin.
I first tried dermaplaning a few months ago and was amazed at how smooth and radiant my skin looked afterward. The treatment was quick and painless, and I loved how gentle and effective it was.
One thing to keep in mind when getting dermaplaning is that your skin will be more sensitive and vulnerable to damage for a few days afterward. That’s why it’s important to take good care of your skin and follow the right aftercare routine.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when it comes to dermaplaning aftercare:
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear sunscreen: After dermaplaning, your skin will be more susceptible to sun damage. So, it’s important to avoid direct sunlight and wear a good quality sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin.
- Don’t use harsh products: Avoid using any harsh or abrasive products on your skin for at least 24 hours after the treatment. This includes scrubs, exfoliants, and acids.
- Keep your skin hydrated: Dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling dry and dehydrated, so it’s important to keep it moisturized. Use a gentle, hydrating moisturizer to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Be gentle with your skin: For the first few days after dermaplaning, be gentle with your skin and avoid any harsh rubbing or pulling. This will help prevent irritation and damage.
Pro Tip: If you’re looking for a way to enhance the results of your dermaplaning treatment, try using a vitamin C serum afterward. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help brighten and even out your skin tone, while also protecting it from environmental damage.
The Importance of Aftercare
Taking care of your skin after a dermaplaning treatment is crucial to achieving the best results. Aftercare helps your skin recover and helps protect the newly exposed skin layer. I’ve personally experienced the difference between proper aftercare and neglecting it, and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer.
One of the most important things to remember after a dermaplaning treatment is to avoid direct sun exposure. Your skin is raw and sensitive, and exposure to the sun’s harmful rays can cause damage and hinder the healing process. I always make sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to protect my skin.
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to enhance the benefits of your dermaplaning treatment, consider incorporating a hydrating serum or mask into your aftercare routine. This will help soothe and nourish your skin, leaving it looking and feeling its best.
Another tip I’ve learned is to avoid using scrubs for at least a week after the treatment. Your skin is already exfoliated, and using scrubs can cause irritation and damage to the newly exposed skin layer. Instead, I opt for gentle cleansers and moisturizers to keep my skin hydrated and nourished.
It’s also important to avoid any makeup application immediately after the treatment. Your skin needs time to heal, and applying makeup can clog pores and cause breakouts. I usually wait at least 24 hours before applying any makeup.
Lastly, I always follow a simple skincare routine after my dermaplaning treatment. This includes gentle cleansing, moisturizing, and applying sunscreen. It’s important to keep your skin hydrated and protected to achieve the best results.
Immediate Aftercare Steps
As someone who has undergone dermaplaning, I know how important it is to take care of your skin after the treatment. Here are the immediate aftercare steps I follow to ensure that my skin stays healthy and glowing:
- Cleanse your skin gently: After dermaplaning, your skin may be sensitive and prone to irritation. Therefore, it is important to cleanse your skin gently using a mild, non-abrasive cleanser. Avoid using hot water and harsh scrubs, as they can further irritate your skin.
- Apply a soothing serum: Dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling dry and tight, so it is essential to apply a soothing serum immediately after the treatment. Look for a serum that contains hyaluronic acid, which can help to hydrate and plump your skin.
- Moisturize: After applying a serum, it is important to moisturize your skin to lock in the hydration. Look for a moisturizer that is gentle and non-comedogenic, as your skin may be prone to breakouts after dermaplaning.
- Avoid sun exposure: Your skin may be more sensitive to the sun after dermaplaning, so it is important to avoid direct sun exposure for at least 24 hours after the treatment. If you must go outside, wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Don’t wear makeup: Avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after dermaplaning, as your skin needs time to heal and recover. If you must wear makeup, make sure to use non-comedogenic products that won’t clog your pores.
Remember: To maximize the benefits of dermaplaning, I like to use a facial roller or gua sha tool after applying my serum and moisturizer. This can help to increase circulation and lymphatic drainage, leaving my skin looking even more radiant.
Long-Term Aftercare Strategies
When it comes to dermaplaning aftercare, it’s important to remember that taking care of your skin doesn’t end after the first few days. Long-term aftercare strategies are just as important as short-term ones, and they can help to maintain the results of your dermaplaning treatment for weeks and even months to come.
One of the most important things you can do for long-term dermaplaning aftercare is to protect your skin from the sun. Sun exposure can cause damage to the skin, including premature aging, hyperpigmentation, and even skin cancer. To protect your skin, make sure to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, even on cloudy days.
Another key aspect of long-term dermaplaning aftercare is to maintain a healthy skincare routine. This includes using gentle, non-irritating skincare products that are designed for your skin type. Avoid using harsh exfoliants or scrubs, as these can irritate the skin and undo the benefits of your dermaplaning treatment.
Personally, I have found that incorporating a weekly facial mask into my skincare routine has helped to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing after my dermaplaning treatment. There are many different types of facial masks available, from hydrating sheet masks to exfoliating clay masks, so you can choose one that is best suited to your skin’s needs.
My Advice: If you’re looking for a natural way to keep your skin looking its best, try incorporating foods that are rich in antioxidants into your diet. Antioxidants can help to protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals, which can lead to premature aging and other skin concerns. Some antioxidant-rich foods include berries, leafy greens, and dark chocolate.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
As someone who has had dermaplaning done multiple times, I’ve learned a few things about the aftercare process. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when taking care of your skin after a dermaplaning treatment.
Firstly, avoid touching your face too much after the procedure. Your skin is delicate and sensitive, and touching it too much can cause irritation and even infection. It’s best to keep your hands away from your face as much as possible, especially in the first few days after the treatment.
Another mistake to avoid is using harsh skincare products. Your skin will be more sensitive than usual after dermaplaning, so it’s important to use gentle products that won’t cause further irritation. Stick to mild cleansers and moisturizers, and avoid anything with harsh chemicals or fragrances.
One mistake that I made after my first dermaplaning treatment was going out in the sun without proper protection. Your skin will be more vulnerable to the sun’s rays after dermaplaning, so it’s important to wear sunscreen whenever you go outside. Make sure to choose a sunscreen with a high SPF and broad-spectrum protection.
Pro Tip: One thing that has helped me with my dermaplaning aftercare is using a facial mist. I like to spritz my face with a hydrating mist throughout the day to keep my skin moisturized and refreshed. It’s a simple step that can make a big difference in the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Professional Tips for Dermaplaning Aftercare
After getting a dermaplaning treatment, it is essential to take proper care of your skin. Here are some professional tips for dermaplaning aftercare that will help you achieve the best results.
Firstly, it is crucial to avoid direct sunlight for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Exposure to UV rays can cause damage to the skin, leading to hyperpigmentation and other issues. Therefore, it is recommended to use a broad-spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. I personally use La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid, which is perfect for sensitive skin.
Secondly, avoid any makeup application for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Applying makeup can clog your pores, leading to breakouts and other skin issues. It is best to let your skin breathe and recover naturally. Additionally, avoid any other facial treatments for at least two weeks after your dermaplaning treatment. This will allow your skin to heal properly and prevent any potential damage.
Thirdly, use a hydrating serum or face oil to nourish and protect your skin. Dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling a bit dry and sensitive. Therefore, it is essential to use a product that will help hydrate and soothe your skin. I recommend using The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, which is a lightweight serum that provides intense hydration.
Finally, follow a simple skincare routine for two weeks following your treatment. This should include cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your skin twice a day. Be gentle when cleansing your skin and avoid using any harsh products that can irritate your skin. I recommend using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser as it is a non-irritating, soap-free cleanser that is perfect for all skin types.
Dermaplaning Aftercare: Key Takeaways
After getting a dermaplaning treatment, proper aftercare is essential to achieve the best results. Here are the key takeaways for dermaplaning aftercare:
- Avoid direct sunlight: It’s important to protect your skin from the sun after a dermaplaning treatment. Wear a hat and use sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Avoid direct sunlight for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid makeup: It’s best to avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after the treatment. If you must wear makeup, use a mineral-based makeup that won’t clog your pores.
- Use gentle skincare products: After dermaplaning, your skin may be sensitive, so it’s important to use gentle skincare products that won’t irritate your skin. Avoid using exfoliants, retinoids, and acids for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your face after dermaplaning, as your skin may be more sensitive than usual. This can lead to irritation, breakouts, and infection.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin hydrated and healthy after dermaplaning.
- Follow your esthetician’s instructions: Your esthetician will provide you with specific aftercare instructions based on your skin type and the specific treatment you received. Follow their instructions carefully to ensure the best results.
In my personal experience, following these aftercare tips has helped me achieve smoother, brighter, and more evenly textured skin after dermaplaning. By taking care of my skin after the treatment, I’ve been able to maintain the results for longer periods of time.
What should you do after dermaplaning?
After dermaplaning, it’s essential to apply sunscreen to protect the exfoliated skin from UV damage. Avoid sun exposure, exfoliants, and intense workouts for a few days to prevent irritation. Follow your skincare professional’s aftercare instructions for the best results.
What not to put on after dermaplaning?
After dermaplaning, avoid using products with active ingredients like retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), or beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) for a few days. These may irritate the exfoliated skin.
How soon can you shower after dermaplaning?
You can typically shower immediately after dermaplaning. It’s essential to use lukewarm water and gentle cleansers to avoid irritating the exfoliated skin. Pat your face dry with a clean towel and follow your skincare professional’s aftercare instructions for the best results.
Can I use vitamin C serum after dermaplaning?
Yes, you can use vitamin C serum after dermaplaning, but it’s essential to wait for a few hours to allow the skin to recover. Vitamin C can be beneficial for post-dermaplaned skin as it may help with collagen production and skin brightening.
If you liked this blog article about the topic: Dermaplaning Aftercare, don’t forget to leave us a comment down below to tell us about your experience.